Low Cost Patents
Don Debelak offers affordable patents http://www.patentsbydondebelak.com
Don Debelak has been doing new product marketing for over 30 years and became a patent agent to better serve his clients through the whole invention process, from idea inception to sales. His experience as a new product marketer and developer informs his practice as a patent agent to help you get the patent that you need.
Patent services include:
- Utility Patent Applications
- Design Patent Applications
- Patent Searches
- Provisional Patent Application
- Patent Drawings
Don Debelak is a registered patent agent. Patent agents must pass the same exam as patent attorneys, but since they are not attorneys, they cannot litigate or do trademark or copyright services. Generally patent agents are more affordable than patent attorneys. A free 15 minute consultation is provided to every new client.
All fees are based on an hourly rate of $120. Below are some pricing guidelines, which may change due to the complexity of the invention. USPTO filing and issue fees change, sometimes at short notice.
Steps you can take to improve your patent
- Do a patent search on your own or through a professional patent search and get a list of competitive patents. Go through each patent and clearly describe how your invention is better,
- Prepare a background section on your patent, which includes how the product is used, why it is used, what are issues involved with the product and its application, how other patents have addressed this issue, the problems with the other approaches and why your approach to resolving the issue is best. You will pay a patent agent from $120.00 to $200.00 per hour, and a patent attorney much more, so you can cut down the patent preparation time by doing this first your self. This section is very helpful in preparing a final patent and improves your patent.
- Do some drawings yourself, they don’t have to be perfect, but if you label each component in the drawing it will help cut the time required for patent drawings.
- Do a sequence of operation for your idea, exactly how it works, and then you want to list clearly which part of the sequence of operation is your new invention and which steps are from the traditional product.
Utility Patent Application
- USPTO filing fees: $270 – 710
- Fee to prepare application and drawings (includes filing fees) : $3200
- Argument fee (each) $900 (usually 1 or more arguments for utility patents)
- USPTO issuance and agent fee: $1390
Design Patent Application
- USPTO filing fees: $70 to 280
- Fee to prepare application and drawings (includes USPTO fees): $700
- Argument fee (each) $500 (usually not needed for design patents)
- USPTO issuance and agent fee: $1010
Provisional Patent Application
- Fee to prepare application and drawings, plus USPTO filing fees: $900.00*
Fees might be higher if more than three drawings are required and if you don’t qualify for micro-entity status.
- Visit our patent search page at: https://onestopinventionshop.net/services/patent-search/
Other Services at $120/hour
- Patent drawings (2D and 3D CAD drawings)
Please contact Don at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-414-4118 for