Target, as most retailers have done, have Internet portals for new Vendors. Before you simply present your idea be sure to visit a Target store, determine where you think your product should be sold and see what other products are in that section. Then pitch you product as another option to existing products, or as a accessory, or go along product to products in the category. Specifically target products that sell well. Position your product for the buyer to give your product the best chance.
Target’s portal for new vendors address is suppliers | Target Corporation. The content Target’s page reads:
supplier intake form
Are you interested in selling products at Target or providing services or goods not for retail sale to Target?
If you would like to sell products at Target, please submit the form on this page. It will notify our merchandising team, who will reach out to you if they need more information.
If you would like to provide services or goods not for retail sale to Target, please visit this website to register with our procurement team.
Visit our suppliers page for more information about Target’s approach to working with vendors, and learn more about how we work with diverse suppliers.
Standards for Target suppliers
We hold ourselves and our vendors to the highest standards. Please review the following and ensure you can commit to:
- Target’s Rules of Use
- Target’s responsible sourcing programs: Social Compliance, Product Safety & Quality Assurance, Sustainability, and our Standards of Vendor Engagement
- Target’s Book Content Guidelines
- Target’s Vendor Code of Conduct
- Use of Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) with our Accounts Payable team, required for domestic-based vendors
- Ability to use EDI to receive purchase orders
- Providing certificate of insurance
- Eligibility considerations for drop shipping
Diversity and inclusion are at the heart of what we do at Target, and we’ve set clear goals to ensure we continue to champion an inclusive society. While we’re making meaningful progress toward our goals, we’re committed to partnering with even more diverse suppliers to bring our guests the most relevant products—and continue to use Target’s scale and influence to help drive meaningful change across the retail industry.