Don Debelak is a well-known invention expert who has worked with new products and inventions for over 30 years and is the author of four of the best-known invention books of the last 15 years. He also was the Entrepreneur Magazine’s Bright Idea columnist on inventions for over seven years. As of 2013, Don is also a registered patent agent, #71,743.
Don has spent his career marketing products for new and small businesses, writing numerous business plans for raising money, both from investors and banks. Don has worked with all types of business, especially as a consultant for the University of St. Thomas Small Business Development Center, from small one man service business to high-tech ventures that are set up to raise money and launch a new product. Major projects over the last few years include:
- Introduced Silicon Carbide Diesel Particulate Filters into North America from a Danish inventor in 2004. 2005 sales approached $2 million, 2008 exceeded $3 million and 2010 sales should approach $7 million. Arranged for funding to open a US company to manufacture the product to better serve the market.
- Handling the sales and marketing activities of a manufacturer of infrastructure equipment for Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) vehicles. Involved also in hydrogen products, fuel cells and other leading edge renewable energy products.
- Consulting with a telecommunications start-up that has developed an adjunct digital telephone switch for rural and suburban markets with low digital demand. Company has raised $1.5 million. He helped write a business plan, uncover the key market opportunity for the company’s technology, and prepare joint venture presentations for Texas Instruments and IBM.
- Work as a Vice President of marketing for a start-up in the metals processing industry and helped write the business plan that raised $900,000 from private investors. Helped developed the investor presentation and was involved in presenting the opportunity to the investment community.
- Created a catalog marketing program that sold over $250,000 of products in 2007-2008.
- Assisted the founder of Koppers Fishing Tackle create a business strategy, write a business plan and raise money to successfully launch Koppers Fishing Lures in 2007 / 2008.
- Helping an inventor position his product for sale to another company, who ended up buying the product line and giving the inventor a five-year employment contract.
- Assisted an inventor in negotiating a $3 million private label contract with an $800 million mining products company. That contract allowed the inventor to raise the money needed for production.
- Working with a manufacturer of a new metal improvement process to raise money, reposition the technology, created a new marketing strategy and introduce a new product.
- Consulting with 20-25 inventors and small manufacturers for the Minnesota Small Business Development Center on a wide variety of issues and problems.
- Directed the Marketing efforts of FultonNet.com, a start up company that sold web enabling software to trucking companies, freight brokers, and major shippers.
- Assisted several inventors introducing their products to the market, including the Junk Drawer Organizer, WickCooler, a new line of compressors and the Snow Bike Kit.
Contact Don at firstname.lastname@example.org.